“Be content with what you have; Rejoice in the way things are. When you realize that there is nothing lacking, The whole world belongs to you.” -Lao Tzu
On Giving Thanks
What if I told you …
- Right now you possess an unlimited supply of resources.
- You are connected to the source of never ending abundance.
- You are complete. Everything you long to know, you know.
- Everything you hope to experience is influencing your awareness, pleading for your attention.
- Every friendship is healthy and full of love.
- All regrets have been forgotten, all injuries and debts forgiven.
- Your nightmares and the complications you have struggled to resolve are vanishing.
- You are loved and there is nothing you must learn, earn, or prove.
How is this possible? By choosing to surround yourself with gratitude.
Are you ready to create more gratitude in your life?
Here are a few supportive exercises on Giving Thanks:
1.) Begin each day thinking about 3 things you are thankful for. You might be grateful for your family. You might be grateful for abundant health. You might think about how blessed you are to have clean water to drink, and healthy food on your table.
2.) Before you go to sleep at night, count your blessings. Think about the experiences of your day, and all that transpired. Be thankful for a comfortable bed to sleep in. For warm blankets and clean sheets. A friend of mine likes to work through the alphabet of gratitude before she falls asleep in a simple exercise. I am grateful for abundance, I am grateful for blueberries, I am grateful for coaching clients, etc. You get the idea.
3.) Grab a pen and paper and finished the following prompts. Give yourself one minute to complete each thought. Ready? Go for it!
I am grateful for …
I am deserving of …
I am inspired by …
Revel in the miracle of being alive. You deserve to experience your life with great love and deep gratitude.
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity… It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
Do you have a favorite Gratitude Quote or Gratitude Story? Please share it with us in the comments section below!
Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in the United States!