Meet Shann Vander Leek
Official Bio – Shann Vander Leek is the founder of True Balance International, and the co-founder of Anxiety Slayer. The author of Sacred Heart Teachings, Life on Your Terms, and the best-selling co-author of Choosing Happiness, A Juicy Joyful Life, Embracing Your Authentic Self, and Wake Up Women. Shann is contributing writer for Aspire Magazine and Simple Steps Real Change. She lives with her husband and daughter in the village of Suttons Bay, Michigan — just minutes away from the sacred ground that Good Morning America viewers voted “The Most Beautiful Place in America” — The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
After earning her Communication Arts degree from Western Michigan University, Shann leaped with both feet into the high-pressure television advertising business, first as an account executive, then as a sales force leader. She was responsible for millions of dollars in sales revenue, often negotiating with hot-shot advertising agencies representing Toyota, Coca-Cola, State Farm, Pizza Hut, and Chevrolet, among others. Sure, the paychecks were great—but the job was killing her soul.
Today, Shann is following her true calling, mentoring women experiencing life-altering transition with her signature coaching system, podcasts, books and digital programs. Shann teaches compassionate self-care to women who are ready to reclaim their feminine sovereignty. She also supports women in the corporate world to break free from their “golden handcuffs,” by guiding them to create full and balanced lives. Unconventional and delightfully curious, she is a world-renowned Transformation Goddess, yoga playshop instructor, voice over talent and popular motivational speaker known for supporting women in the throes of transformation. A recovering workaholic and Type A perfectionist, she has invested many years into deep personal development, spiritual study, healing shadow work, and has established herself as an expert in the field of personal transformation.
Fun Facts About Me…
Shann’s unique and other-worldly experiences:
- Very generous only child.
- Sagittarius introvert. Really.
- Supported myself through college by working as a bank teller and tending the WMU greenhouse.
- Earned a Bachelors Degree in Communication Arts.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the television advertising business model.
- Eighteen years experience selling millions of dollars of advertising and promotional campaigns to companies like Coca-Cola, Pizza Hut, Toyota, Pontiac, State Farm, Chevrolet and hundreds more.
- Over eleven years experience leading, hiring, training, motivating and firing sales professionals.
- Create custom voice over recordings for tele-summits, audio books, television & radio commercials, podcasts, guided meditations & training videos.
- Highly skilled negotiator.
- Created and exceeded multi-million dollar advertising budgets.
- Pitched and sold commercial schedules to some of the largest advertising agencies on the planet.
- Develop and facilitate mastermind coaching groups & goddess circles for women.
- Developed an original personal development coaching business – True Balance International.
- Write magazine and web-based feature articles for Aspire Magazine and Simple Steps Real Change.
- Participate as a guest expert in virtual gatherings, on stage, tele-classes and radio interviews.
- Interviewed 41 inspirational entrepreneurs for my first book, Life on Your Terms.
- I am a 4x best selling coauthor for my contributions to Choosing Happiness, Embracing Your Authentic Self, A Juicy Joyful Life and Wake Up Women
- Earned my 200 level Yoga teaching certification.
- Choreograph Luscious Living Playshops for women.
- Many years of deep personal development, soul and shadow work.
- Partner with several brilliant coaches to continue pushing the envelope of my potential.
- Invested years studying successful female role models including: Louise Hay, Marianne Williamson, Julia Cameron and Melody Beattie.
- Cocktail waitressed. (Sucked at it!)
- I LOVE science fiction. (Joss Whedon is my hero.)
- Organized and hosted pirate parties on a small island in Lake Michigan.
- I adore capturing images of northern Michigan with my Canon G10.
- The Akashic records say I am a Blue Print Technician.
- I am known for my unbridled laughter and sense of humor. I throw my head back and laugh my ass off A LOT.
- In 2013 I learned to paint and belly dance!
- I am a co-creator of the Anxiety Slayer Podcast with more than 300 podcasts, 10 albums and 1.6 millions listens!
- I initiated into the Changing Woman Sisterhood after completing a two year women’s wisdom circle.