Meet Shann Vander Leek
Official Bio – Shann Vander Leek is a multi-passionate entrepreneur and the founder of True Balance International, Podcast Bath and co-founder of Anxiety Slayer. She is the creator of This Sacred Life, the Sacred Heart Teachings, Life on Your Terms, and the 5x best-selling co-author of Choosing Happiness, A Juicy Joyful Life, Embracing Your Authentic Self, and Wake Up Women. Shann is a contributing writer for Aspire Magazine.
Shann lives with her husband in the village of Suttons Bay, Michigan — just minutes away from Lake Michigan and The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
After earning her Communication Arts degree from Western Michigan University, Shann leaped with both feet into the high-pressure television advertising business, first as an account executive, then as a sales force leader. She was responsible for millions of dollars in sales revenue, often negotiating with hot-shot advertising agencies representing Toyota, Coca-Cola, State Farm, Pizza Hut, and Chevrolet, among others. Sure, the paychecks were great—but after 20 years, the job was killing her soul.
Today, Shann is following her true calling, mentoring women experiencing life-altering transitions with her signature coaching system, podcasts, books, and digital programs. Shann teaches compassionate self-care to women who are ready to reclaim their feminine sovereignty. She also supports women in the corporate world to break free from their “golden handcuffs,” by guiding them to create full and balanced lives. Unconventional and delightfully curious, she is a world-renowned Transformation Goddess, podcaster, podcast coach, and voice-over talent known for supporting women in the throes of transformation. A recovering workaholic and Type A perfectionist, she has invested many years into deep personal development, spiritual study, and healing shadow work, and has established herself as an expert in the field of personal transformation.
Fun Facts About Me…
Shann’s unique and other-worldly experiences:
- Generous only child.
- Sagittarius introvert. Really.
- Supported myself through college by working as a bank teller and tending the WMU greenhouse.
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the television advertising business model.
- Eighteen years of experience selling millions of dollars of advertising and promotional campaigns to companies like Coca-Cola, Pizza Hut, Toyota, Pontiac, State Farm, Chevrolet, and hundreds more.
- Over eleven years of experience leading, hiring, training, motivating and firing sales professionals.
- Create custom voiceover recordings for tele-summits, audiobooks, television & radio commercials, podcasts, guided meditations & training videos.
- Highly skilled negotiator.
- Created and exceeded multi-million dollar advertising budgets.
- Pitched and sold commercial schedules to some of the largest advertising agencies on the planet.
- Develop and facilitate mastermind coaching groups & goddess circles for women.
- Developed an original personal development coaching business – True Balance International.
- Write magazine and web-based feature articles for Aspire Magazine.
- Participate as a guest expert in virtual gatherings, on stage, tele-classes and radio interviews.
- Interviewed 41 inspirational entrepreneurs for my first book, Life on Your Terms (True Balance Press).
- I am a 5x best-selling co-author for my contributions to Cultivating Joy, Choosing Happiness, Embracing Your Authentic Self, A Juicy Joyful Life, and Wake Up Women.
- Earned my 200-level Yoga teaching certification.
- Choreograph Luscious Living Playshops for women.
- Many years of deep personal development, soul and shadow work.
- Partner with several brilliant coaches to continue pushing the envelope of my potential.
- Invested years studying successful female role models including Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Louise Hay, Marianne Williamson, Julia Cameron, Melody Beattie, and Lorraine Weber.
- Cocktail waitressed for a minute. (I sucked at it!)
- I LOVE science fiction. (Joss Whedon is my hero.)
- Organized and hosted rowdy pirate parties on a small island in Lake Michigan.
- I adore capturing images of nature in northern Michigan.
- I am an Undercover Blue Print Technician.
- I am known for my unbridled laughter and sense of humor. I throw my head back and laugh my ass off A LOT.
- I am a co-creator of the Anxiety Slayer Podcast with more than 600+ podcasts, 10 albums and over 10.5 million downloads!
- I am the host of This Sacred Life Podcast featuring women who walk in beauty with the strength, courage, and pleasure of speaking their truth and reclaiming their feminine sovereignty.
- I coach female entrepreneurs on how to strategize, create, record and market new podcasts.
- I am an initiate and member of The Changing Woman Sisterhood since 2014.
- I completed my Matriarch gateway initiation in 2019.