A Treasure from the Transformation Goddess Vault.
Every month I like to share a popular post from days gone by that made an impact on the readers of this blog. Today I invite you to take in the story of how I finally found the courage to blow my cover and transform my life.
Once upon a time I fancied myself a fierce warrior. The truth is, I was fierce and extremely insecure. I realize now that a combination of events during my formative years lead to the creation of my super bad ass impostor. Projecting a thick-skinned, without a care personality helped me protect my self from bullies and even contributed to my success in my former career. This protective armor didn’t allow the light to shine from the core of my being. I was out of touch with my divinity. Thankfully, a couple of years after my daughter was born, everything started to change.
Through lots of introspection and healing work, I realized I had erected impenetrable walls around my heart to protect myself. I had to blow my cover and heal my precious heart. Dancing with Kali’s fiery energy showed me what it feels like to be fierce and vulnerable. Creation and destruction, crucifixion and the resurrection.
Blowing your cover takes deep introspection, courage, self-compassion and pracitce
Many of us are undercover operators lost in the roles that we play. We cast ourselves in the roles of professional, mother, daughter, sister, care-giver, victim, warrior etc. In this world of role playing, perception is reality. We fool ourselves into thinking that the perception we create will keep us safe. So safe, that we can lose ourselves in the mirror of our impostor’s reflection.
What a strange turn of affairs to shed your old life (who you thought you were), to rediscover yourself. Perhaps better stated, to uncover who you really are (and have been), all along. Spiraling back to the center of who we are at the core of our authentic being is a trip!
Many of the women I mentor are spiraling back to the center of themselves by strategizing how to break free of their golden handcuffs like I did almost 8 years ago.
Even more of these gorgeous women are learning how to practice compassionate self-care after a lifetime of kicking their bodies to the curb and putting everything and everyone else at the front of the line.
Often weary of the corporate politics and amped-up competitive environments, droves of women have become out of touch with their mind, body and soul. It’s no wonder so many of us find ourselves unhappy and unfulfilled. We forget that we are designed to create, express, collaborate and receive.
If your impostor is the Type A perfectionist, “balls to the walls” personality like mine was, you know what it feels like to be immersed in the energy of a competitive political environment. For years I played war-games in the board room before learning to find my breath in the yoga studio.
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” ― Anaïs Nin
No longer a company creature, my last career damn near killed my soul. My only option was to move on. In November of 2006, I blew my cover and walked away from a six-figure salary, powerful career and a bloated lifestyle that was begging to be simplified.
Since my terrifying leap, I’ve been evolving as a transformation goddess, coach, author, voice talent and human-woman-person. My intention is to create my life on my terms by serving women who wish to do the same.
The pursuit of entrepreneurial freedom is a liberating, creative and challenging way of life. I’ve learned so many valuable lessons since removing my warrior’s mask of folly. Looking back I’m astounded by all that I’ve experienced since blowing my cover and finding the courage to heal, blossom and grow.
Evolving my businesses to serve women with the soulful, sensual and sacred exploration of their lives is one of the best choices I’ve made in my career.
Here are some of highlights since 2006. I’m sharing this list to demonstrate how much you can accomplish when you consciously choose to transform your life and blow your cover.
Professionally I have:
- earned my professional coaching certification
- established True Balance Life Coaching & True Balance Press
- wrote and published Life on Your Terms
- contributed to three best-selling books
- contribute articles for Aspire and Simple Steps Real Change Magazine
- earned my yoga teacher certification
- co-created 200+ Anxiety Slayer podcasts, 8 albums and several digital products
- interviewed 41 entrepreneurs for my first book
- coached and supported hundreds of women
- facilitate women through The Artist’s Way
- created the Transformation Goddess Experience Blog, Podcast & Coaching program
- created the Sacred Heart Teachings digital program
- said yes to two wise women’s healing circles.
- initiated into the Changing Woman Sisterhood.
Personally I have:
- improved my marriage/relationship with my beloved Thomas
- invited more goddesses into my life
- cracked my heart wide open
- learned to laugh at myself
- learned to lighten up
- become a amateur photographer
- experienced my belly dancing class
- became a painter
- practice and continue to practice loving kindness
- learned how to let go, trust and surrender (still working on this)
- forgiven myself and everyone who‘s ever done me harm
- learned to live a sacred life
Throughout my journey of personal and professional transformation, I still struggle with bouts of anxiety, insecurity and the remnants of fear that can tug at my heart. I’m a work in process, just like you.
Blowing my cover means I continue to mine for peace and clarity. I’ve learned that a great deal of my strength comes from honoring my vulnerability. I’ve learned that I can be a warrior and a mentor. That being an introvert is acceptable. That it’s natural to sometimes feel frightened or depressed. And that excellence trumps striving for perfection.
I invite you to join me to summon the courage to dive deep into the void of your personal healing and self-growth. Your life depends on it.
- Are you ready to blow your cover?
- What do want to experience in the next 5 years? Make a wish list.
- What is the number one thing you can let go of that no longer serves you?